You are in: Home >> Highlights >> Historical Buildings in Bitonto
Versione Italiana English Version

Historical Buildings in Bitonto

Results found: 2
Bitonto

Palazzo Sylos Calò

Palazzo Sylos Calò - Bitonto

Click on a picture to see it full screen

It was built around 1529, the palace was commissioned by nobleman Giovanni Sylos. There is an inscription with his name between the top of the building and the loggia.

It was finished in 1584 with the first floor Renaissance loggia. The loggia has eight arches and four niches, moreover there are The Four Cardinal Virtues and Sylo’s coat of arms ( a cross and three seashells, the iconography of St. James of Compostela) and also the coat of arms of the related families of Sylos (Vulpano, Sersale, Calò). 



 


  • Address Via Rogadeo 14 - Bitonto

Palazzo Sylos Sersale

Palazzo Sylos Sersale - Bitonto

Click on a picture to see it full screen

The Sylos-Sersale building can be considered the link between the first and late Renaissance in Bitonto. 
  


  • Address Piazza Sedile - Bitonto
Results found: 2